Wednesday 31 December 2008

Tom's Highly Unscientific Top Ten of 2008!

I'm building a masterpiece in my iPod, currently 21,987 items occupying 100.95 GB. FACT.

Using the highly unscientific principle of making an auto-playlist of songs listed by my iTunes as being released in the year 2008 and sorting it by number of times played, I can show my Top Ten of the year!

This is highly unscientific as my iTunes is really rubbish at recording years. For instance, both "Sunday Bloody Sunday" by U2 and "Teenage Kicks" by the Undertones were apparently released in 2008.

This list also gives songs that were released earlier in the year a greater chance of being listened to, so again... unscientific.

With all that in mind, here's what I've been listening to in 2008!

1) "You've Done It Again, Virginia" by The National
2) "A-Punk" by Vampire Weekend
3) "Dancing Choose" by TV On The Radio
4) "DLZ" by TV On The Radio
5) "Cape Cod Kwassa Kwassa" by Vampire Weekend
6) "M79" by Vampire Weekend
7) "Listen To Your Body Tonight" by Black Kids
8) "Ragged Wood" by Fleet Foxes
9) "Red Dress" by TV On The Radio
10) "Campus" by Vampire Weekend

UPDATE: See the top ten in VIDEO FORM!

... and here's my current all-time Top Ten!

1) "Finer Feelings" by Spoon
2) "Easy/Lucky/Free" by Bright Eyes
3) "Don't You Evah" by Spoon
4) "Friends" by Led Zeppelin
5) "Arc Of Time (Time Code)" by Bright Eyes
6) "I Want This Cyclops" by Destroyer
7) "Suffer For Fashion" by Of Montreal
8) "Gronlandic Edit" by Of Montreal
9) "A Sentence of Sorts in Kongsvinger" by Of Montreal
10) "Neon Bible" by Arcade Fire

Now, I know it looks like I only own 6 albums, and the other 21,000 tracks are entirely useless. But I promise you, there shall come big exciting developments in the year to come.

I hope.

No comments:

The website of Tom Wateracre

About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom
Writer, Screenwriter. Born in the late Seventies. Likes marzipan.